Who we are
SDG Africa Network is an independent, non-governmenal resource center, which is being operated by a team of experienced development finance experts on African-grown innovations toward achieving inclusive development outcomes.
What we do
Our analytical and informed advisory services serve as resources for the development community to act together toward the common goal of sustainable human development in Africa, guided by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SGDs).
Our unique product and service in support of the SDGs in Africa is the SDG Credit Program, which provides social responsibility credits to governments, private sector corporations, communities, civil society actors, bilateral and multilateral development agencies for their contributions to inclusive development outcomes. We place emphasis on homegrown innovations and solutions to development outcomes. [Find out more.]
At SDG Africa Network, we:
- Use model countries and/or their initiatives to track homegrown concepts and institutional arrangements that translate them into policies, which are backed by effective regulatory environments, and mobilization of human and investment capital for implementation.
- Track, monitor and report on implementation progress and outcomes.
- Share information on positive trends and actions through our networks of practitioners across the Africa region.
- Aggregate data and information on the SDGs in Africa
- Identify opportunities and analyze perspectives for investors and businesses, communities and civil society organizations.
- Serve as a learning resource for academia.
- Showcase actions by the informal sector and communities toward sustaining their own development outcomes.